Q-ROI 2 Navigation Box on Android 5.1.1

Moderator: Germes

Q-ROI 2 Navigation Box on Android 5.1.1

Postby redheadedrod » 06 Jan 2018, 10:43

There is no forum to support this box so I am posting here.

I am interested in purchasing this box for my 2009 CTS with Factory Nav.

I am a software engineering student and look forward to using this along side my Factory head unit.

Will this just require the video interface module with my vehicle or other modules?

Will the blue tooth portion fully connect to my phone to allow me to both take calls and play full audio? The factory unit will allow only phone calls. Although using my phone as a hotspot I can probably install most of the apps I would use directly onto this unit anyhow.

Also can this unit be easily rooted? I know the pitfalls of rooting the device and will take the appropriate precautions.

Thank you!
redheadedrod

Car: 2009 Cadillac CTS

Re: Q-ROI 2 Navigation Box on Android 5.1.1

Postby Yuretz » 10 Jan 2018, 11:24

Hello.
First of all you'll need to install a video interface https://car-solutions.com/en/gvif-inter ... jaguar.php to connect any aftermaket sources to this head unit. After the video interface is installed you will be able to connect https://car-solutions.com/en/q-roi-2-na ... nitors.php .
Bluetooth will work for both calls and music streaming.
Unfortunately, we have no information on how to root this device.

Note! Video interface doesn't transmit sound to the OEM audio system. It can only switch between connected sound sources. You should connect the linear output of the interface (AV OUT cable) to the AUX input of your car.
Yuretz
CarSolutions Team

Car: Fast as the wind

Postby redheadedrod » 14 Jan 2018, 22:13

Thank you for your rapid reply. Do you have a cable for the Cadillac's or will I have to make my own?

I saw in a previous message in another thread it looked like I would have to make my own cable using the old cable but not sure?

My full project is much more complex. My vehicle doesn't currently have a Navigation system in it. I have all of the parts but the Silverbox to install into my vehcile and will be ordering one programmed to my VIN shortly so I can install it. The main reason why I decided to upgrade to the Navigation system is because I would then be able to use your system and add the Android to the factory system so it stays looking stock.

I plan to use the Aux for audio input to the radio. I will likely try wiring in parallel with the original AUX plug so I can still plug my phone in for audio if I so desire. Although I will likely just use blue tooth assuming I can link my phone to the Android box you have and use the Android box to play the music with?

Again thanks!
redheadedrod

Postby Yuretz » 15 Jan 2018, 10:52

My vehicle doesn't currently have a Navigation system in it

In this case, unfortunately, we don't have solutions. This video interface is compatible only with cars equipped with OEM external navigation box.
Yuretz
CarSolutions Team

Postby redheadedrod » 28 Jan 2018, 05:51

I am installing the factory NAV system in my car...

The original question still stands. Do you have a cable for the CTS or do I have to modify the CTS cable to connect it to your interface?

I plan to be purchasing the remaining components to put the factory NAV system in my car after which I will be wanting to seriously look at installing your system. At that time my car will have Navigation and should be compatible with your system. Just trying to sort out if I should pick up another silverbox to screen cable when I order the silverbox programmed for my car?

Probably shouldn't have mentioned the NAV system isn't in my car yet because it will be soon.

Rodney
redheadedrod

Postby Yuretz » 29 Jan 2018, 11:48

This video interface https://car-solutions.com/en/gvif-inter ... jaguar.php comes with all necessary connection cables. Provided GVIF cable should be modified for Cadillac cars.
Yuretz
CarSolutions Team

Return to Other Stuff