Audi A6 C6 - 2010

Moderator: Germes

Audi A6 C6 - 2010

Postby Jorgos » 26 Aug 2017, 22:44

Hi,
I've received my box, i was trying to wire it today, and I have a problem. I do not know where to connect HS-CAN wires. In my climatronic wires colors do not match to the manual. Can you help me?

HDMI connection works itself - i can connect computer but i have to switch it via external key.. which is not nice :)

There are pictures of my 20pins connector in climatronic. There are 4 other connectors in climatronic and only one has matching colors.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3QwyM ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3QwyM ... sp=sharing

Thanks in advance.
Jorgos

Car: Audi A6

Re: Audi A6 C6 - 2010

Postby Yuretz » 28 Aug 2017, 10:41

Hello.
CAN wires may have different colors. It depends on many factors. Try wires which are indicated on the attached pictures. From 2V to 5V should be on CAN wires related to the GND.
Attachments
Audi_CAN2.png
Audi_CAN.png
audi_a4_can.png
Yuretz
CarSolutions Team

Car: Fast as the wind

Postby Jorgos » 11 Jan 2018, 13:24

Hi!
Basically I'm very satisfied with the device. HDMI input works pretty well (it cuts part of input view, but i got used to it). Rear camera works pretty well (Active guidelines, PDC - even though is not detected via CAN - i had to put extra wire), but i have some issues/things to resolve:

1) When i switch to other video input i get voice message from my nav saying "Navigation is inactive", or the last command from nav if nav was enabled. - pretty annoying.
Is it possible to enable hdmi with "info" button instead of "nav" button? In my case it would suit much better
2) Front camera - i have manual gearbox, and switching from neutral to "1" or from rev to "1" is not detected. I can switch to front view using steering wheel buttons, but there is a big drawback - any fast double click on keybord switches the mode, ie when i scroll the volume button - video switches, double "mode" click - video switches - pretty annoying when you drive and control music
3) Front camera - How can i know, that my camera should be enabled? I mean: If i switch to AV1, is there any way to detect, that camera should "stream" video? Or it should be always on (this means, that camera can broke down if not designed for being always on)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Jorgos

Postby Yuretz » 11 Jan 2018, 13:56

Hello.
1. Inputs of the video interface can be switched with OEM NAV button(MMI wire) and iNAV/Mode button on the steering wheel(CAN wires). Also, it can be switched with the external mode button(optional). It's not possible to bind other OEM buttons.
2. Inputs can be switched in the following way http://www.clipular.com/c/5605535478185 ... 4Pb8rXL2CU .
3. Since this video interface has no corresponding wires to power the front view camera up it should be powered all the time from the ACC line(Navi 12V power output on the video interface is also fine ). However, you may use a power inverter https://car-solutions.com/en/accessories/car-power to extend the device lifetime.
Yuretz
CarSolutions Team

Postby Jorgos » 18 Jan 2018, 13:11

Okay, so actually i have a problem:
When i switch to reverse, hdmi unit doesn't switch to reverse. I was trying to use external cable connected to rear light (it is classic "bulb", not LED). It works, when engine is disabled. It does not work when engine is working...

Why doesn't it switch with CAN? Let say, i am using HDMI and switch to reverse: I see car's PDC, so why it does not switch to reverse camera? DIP switch doesn't change anything in my case (dip3, external/original camera. I understand that i should switch to external)
Jorgos

Postby Yuretz » 18 Jan 2018, 14:07

Why doesn't it switch with CAN?

CAN wire connection or DIP switch settings(car models) may be wrong. Also, a specific CAN protocol may be used in your car and this video interface doesn't recognize it. In this case Reverse signal detection wires should be used.
Yuretz
CarSolutions Team

Postby picolo » 19 Apr 2018, 20:23

Jorgos ,we have the same car, made a reading of my post, here I gave up CAN, and it works very well!
viewtopic.php?f=601&t=31319
picolo

Car: Audi A6 C6

Return to Video Interfaces for Audi