Control of A/V devices via MMI 3G buttons - possible?

Moderator: Germes

Control of A/V devices via MMI 3G buttons - possible?

Postby samcek » 17 Dec 2013, 22:26

Hello,

I'm looking for a video interface with specific features. I want to connect 2 AV devices to a video interface, but I also want to control these two devices by real buttons on the MMI 3G panel. The first device I want to connect is a DVB-T receiver (I don't have one yet, and I'm willing to buy one that is compatible with the video interface in this regard). The second device I want to connect is a self-made car computer. In both cases, I would like to send IR signals to the device when MMI hard buttons are pressed (and device is selected). I want to use "prev" button for previous TV channel, "next" button to switch to next TV channel, and also map some other MMI buttons to other DVB-T functions. Are you selling any interface that can do that?

I understand that Car Video Interface for Audi MMI 3G with External Touch Screen Support can provide control of connected A/V device via OSD buttons, either by touch screen or MMI scroll wheel. But this is not what I want. If possible, I would like to have real MMI buttons to fire different IR codes for connected devices.

My car specs: Audi A5 with MMI 3G High (not Plus), model year 2009.

Best regards.
samcek

Car: Audi A5

Re: Control of A/V devices via MMI 3G buttons - possible?

Postby Chortenia » 18 Dec 2013, 18:00

Hello!
Car Video Interface for Audi MMI 3G with External Touch Screen Support allows you to program MMI buttons to control external AV sources, however, not any button can be used.
Unfortunately, this is the only video interface with the functions you need in our online store.
Best regards,
Car Solutions Team
Chortenia
CarSolutions Team

Car: Chery Kimo

Postby samcek » 21 Dec 2013, 20:03

Thank you for your reply.

I have another question. I noticed you offer two types of video interfaces for Audi - one type is "MOST" and the other is ordinary. Can you please explain what is the difference between those two and what Audi cars are compatible with which type. My car is Audi A5 year 2009, and I don't know if I should be buying "MOST" interface or the other kind.
samcek

Car: Audi A5

Postby Chortenia » 24 Dec 2013, 11:33

Hello!
The main compatibility condition for MOST interface: The car must be equipped with OEM TV receiver input(FBAS). This input mus be located on MMI module. The sound from the connected devices is lead to the OEM stereo system via the MOST interface, however, the box doesn't have RGB input.
Best regards,
Car Solutions Team
Chortenia
CarSolutions Team

Postby alexq » 08 Jul 2014, 21:32

i've been using this unit for 2 years and working ok. I've added a multimedia player on AV2 and wanted to control via touch screen. How do i connect the IR wire to my multimedia player. My player has ir input. thanks for your help
alexq

Car: Audi Q7

Postby Chortenia » 09 Jul 2014, 09:48

Hi.
Connect IR Data wire from the player and IR-AV2 wire of the video interface. Go to the Factory mode menu of the interface and follow the manual (pages 15-17)

Best regards,
Car Solutions Team
Best regards,
Car Solutions Team
Chortenia
CarSolutions Team

Postby alexq » 23 Jul 2014, 19:58

I followed everything on manual...ir still does not work.
alexq

Car: Audi Q7

Postby Chortenia » 25 Jul 2014, 12:50

Please, provide photos/videos of how everything's connected. And show how you enter the factory mode menu and what's displayed on the screen after calibration.
Best regards,
Car Solutions Team
Chortenia
CarSolutions Team

Return to Video Interfaces for Audi