UART connection?

Moderator: Germes

UART connection?

Postby Jorgos » 20 Jul 2016, 14:56

Hello,
In my previous car i had prepared Windows10 based micro computer based on Intel Atom QuadCore with some advanced Navigation system (based on Sygic). I would like to move it to my current car which is Audi A6 C6 (2009 - i saw that supported are from 2010, but i have MMI3G High with HDD and joystick in jog dial, so i guess it will work, can you confirm?). My device is connected by HDMI, so I'm pretty sure it will work, but i want to go further, i want to have access to keys pressed on MMI controller, is this device able to send this kind of events on any accessible line (UART, i2c, twi, SPI... anything, my device may support almost anything). Can you let me know if this is anyhow possible?
Thank you in advance!
Jorgos

Car: Audi A6

Re: UART connection?

Postby Yuretz » 20 Jul 2016, 15:48

Hello.
This video interface http://car-solutions.com/en/video-inter ... elines.php works only with high resolution screens 800x480.

i want to have access to keys pressed on MMI controller, is this device able to send this kind of events on any accessible line (UART, i2c, twi, SPI... anything, my device may support almost anything)

It's not possible.
Yuretz
CarSolutions Team

Car: Fast as the wind

Return to Video Interfaces for Audi