Video Interface for Audi with MMI 2G Question...

Moderator: Germes

Video Interface for Audi with MMI 2G Question...

Postby blkbullitt » 05 Dec 2016, 19:36

I'm considering purchasing the following from you (http://car-solutions.com/en/video-interface-for-audi-with-mmi-2g-head-unit-with-external-touch-screen-support.php) and have a few questions...

I own a 2007 Audi Q7 equipped with MMI 2G High which includes Navigation, Bluetooth Phone, Rear View Camera, and AMI (Audi Music Interface). I'm mostly interested in using these inputs to mirror my phone to the MMI system (via A/V out to composite video adaptor) and possibly in the future for adding some sort of rear seat entertainment for my kids.

Will your unit allow me to retain all of the OEM MMI components (Navigation, AMI, Rear View Camera) while adding additional A/V sources (that play both audio and video) that are selectable via the factory MMI controls? Will the factory steering wheel controls (mode, volume, etc) work with this unit?

Thank you!
blkbullitt

Car: 2007 Audi Q7

Re: Video Interface for Audi with MMI 2G Question...

Postby Yuretz » 06 Dec 2016, 12:58

Hello.
Will your unit allow me to retain all of the OEM MMI components (Navigation, AMI, Rear View Camera) while adding additional A/V sources

All OEM functions will work as before.

that play both audio and video

Video interface doesn't transmit sound to the OEM audio system. It can only switch between connected sound sources. You should connect the linear output of the interface (AV OUT cable) to the AUX input of your car.

that are selectable via the factory MMI controls

Yes. Please take a look at the manual http://car-solutions.com/nfs/product/81 ... manual.pdf , page 22 .

Will the factory steering wheel controls (mode, volume, etc) work with this unit?

Unfortunately, no.
Yuretz
CarSolutions Team

Car: Fast as the wind

Return to Video Interfaces for Audi