Video Interface for ML320CDI US model

Moderator: Germes

Video Interface for ML320CDI US model

Postby kaz » 18 May 2016, 07:25

Hi

I purchased your 'Car Video Interface for Mercedes-Benz ML-Class / W164 (US Version)' and my car is 2008 ML320CDI (w164). The audio head unit is COMAND (MCS II) US version.

I think I have installed the interface correctly.
The backup camera is connected and the grey wire is hooked up to backup light power.
The AUX video is connected to AV1.

The problem is, I just don't know how to turn on the video signal. I mean, the device's power is on but nothing is displayed on my head unit. It looks like the mode switch button is working as I can hear a small clicking sound from the device when I press the button.
I checked all of your PDF instructions but I just cannot find the instructions on how to actually view the videos.
And also, the model on the PDF instructions is a little bit different from mine.

Do I have to press any particular button on the head unit?

Could you please let me know?

Thanks,
Kaz
kaz

Car: ML320CDI

Re: Video Interface for ML320CDI US model

Postby Yuretz » 18 May 2016, 13:08

Hello.
1. Please make sure that the LCD cable http://car-solutions.com/nfs/product/81 ... Benz-4.jpg is not damaged .
2. Try connecting the LCD cable vice versa, maybe you've mixed up LCD IN and LCD OUT side.
3. Check DIP switches position.

Modes on the video interface can be switched only by the mode switch button http://car-solutions.com/nfs/product/81 ... nz-1-7.jpg or the "OK" button on the remote control.
Yuretz
CarSolutions Team

Car: Fast as the wind

Postby kaz » 22 May 2016, 01:44

Hi Yuretz,

So are you saying that in order to view the images from AV1 or Backup camera, I have to press the mode switch button or OK button on the remote control? I have been trying those but nothing happens on the display, but only the normal OEM screen is shown. I can hear a clicking sound when I press the mode switch button so I think something is happening inside the box. Oh, and if I press the "END" button on the comand system head unit, same thing happens and the green light on your box turns on. And also, I hear the similar clicking sound when I shift my gear to reverse - this suggests that grey wire is connected properly.

>>1. Please make sure that the LCD cable http://car-solutions.com/nfs/product/81 ... Benz-4.jpg is not damaged .
--------I have checked the cable but no damage is found.

>>2. Try connecting the LCD cable vice versa, maybe you've mixed up LCD IN and LCD OUT side.
--------It is connected properly. It is exactly the same as the example images on your instruction.

>>3. Check DIP switches position.
-------- I only connect AV1 and backup camera so at the moment DIP switches 1,3,4 and 7 are on. I think No 2 is for AV1 so it is off so that it will not be skipped. And No.7 is on because I use aftermarket camera.
I have tried many different combinations and restarted the system to see if there's any difference. But nothing ever happened.

Could you please tell me if there's something else I can try?

Regards,
Kaz
kaz

Postby Yuretz » 23 May 2016, 11:05

1. Is the OEM picture displayed correctly?
2. Have to tried connecting LCD cables vice versa? If no then try and inform about the result.
3. What happens when you press the mode button http://car-solutions.com/nfs/product/85 ... in-5es.jpg ?
Yuretz
CarSolutions Team

Postby kaz » 26 May 2016, 08:30

1. Yes. The OEM picture is displayed correctly without any problems. All the functions work as normal. The only difference is, the video interface must be turned on (power cables must be connected) to control the head unit with buttons.

2. I have attached a photo from your instruction PDF.
Screen Shot 2016-05-25 at 6.56.46 PM.png

Mine is connected exactly the same as this. I don't know how I can connect the cable the other way around because there is a narrower cable on the side that goes to the sub-board.

3. As I have previously mentioned, I can hear the clicking sound from the interface box if I press the mode button but nothing happens on the display.
kaz

Postby Yuretz » 26 May 2016, 10:36

Hello.
Please provide the following information:
1. The number of your order.
2. Clear photos of how everything is connected (all cables, ribbon cables and wires).
3. A clear photo of the front side of your head unit.
Yuretz
CarSolutions Team

Postby kaz » 29 May 2016, 22:45

1. I purchased this interface through your eBay store on Apr 18th (Canadian time).
Item ID: 252134951864
Transaction ID: 1836752830015

2. Please see attached photos of how everything is connected.
HU to LCD (LCD side).jpg

HU to LCD(HU side).jpg

sub_board on HU.jpg

from the bottom side.jpg

cable connected from subboard to interface.jpg

DIP switches_power_on.jpg

3. Please see attached photos of front side of my HU.
front1.jpg

front2.jpg

front3.jpg

Thank you.
Attachments
bottom side of HU.jpg
kaz

Postby Yuretz » 30 May 2016, 09:41

Hello.
Thank you for photos. Could you also provide photos of the video interface from all sides to clarify the version of it. And have you tried the DIP switch #4 in OFF position?
Yuretz
CarSolutions Team

Postby kaz » 31 May 2016, 08:12

Hi Yuretz,

Please find attached photos of the video interface.
IMG_2692.JPG

IMG_2693.JPG

IMG_2694.JPG

IMG_2695.JPG

IMG_2696.JPG

I disconnected the cables as they are already installed in the vehicle and it requires a lot of efforts to remove them. So please do not tell me to take photos of those.... The power cable was connected properly as you could see on my previous post. The items came within the package were exactly the same as the photo shown on your website. Please see this screenshot from your website.
Screen Shot 2016-05-30 at 9.54.24 PM.png

Rear camera was connected to rear camera input with power provided from backup light power. And also, a video device was connected to AV1.

I have tried many different positions of DIP switches including #4 in off position. I actually searched a lot on the website and found that the interface I received was "High End Type" which is different from the one on the PDF manual on the particular page of your website. So I assumed that #4 was for AV3, instead of CAN-bus on/off for Cayenne.

But anyway, I hope you can tell me how I can deal with this problem this time.

Thanks & regards,
Kaz
kaz

Postby Yuretz » 31 May 2016, 12:18

Hello.
Please contact our sales department http://car-solutions.com/en/information/contacts.html . We'll replace this set to another one based on RGB Low-End.
Yuretz
CarSolutions Team

Postby kaz » 06 Jul 2016, 09:39

Hi,

The replacement has finally arrived, thank you very much, but there is one problem.

The backup camera works fine if I shift the gear to reverse, but only when the engine is off.
When the engine is on, if I shift to the reverse, there's no change on the display and strange noise (sounds like a buzzer) comes from the device.

Do you know why this is happening?

I take the back camera signal from the back up light. Does it create a stronger signal when the engine is on? I have no idea. If you could suggest any possible solution, that would be great.

Thank you
Kaz

p.s. I connected my iPhone video to video 1 and it works fine.
kaz

Postby Yuretz » 06 Jul 2016, 10:03

Hello.
Please take a look at this article http://car-solutions.com/en/articles-an ... power.html .
Yuretz
CarSolutions Team

Return to Video Interfaces for Mercedes-Benz