Help with Setup Rear Camera

Moderator: Germes

Help with Setup Rear Camera

Postby Stivikivi » 20 Jan 2015, 23:28

Hi!

First, I've bought the Interface with the active parking lines and the rear camera for the handle door.

My Problem is, HOW do I exactly connect the rear camera with my car & the Interface?

I haven't got an automatic transmission so it's a bit different.

If I take in the R for Reverse the Interface doesn't switch on cam. If I try to do it manually the screen stays black.

If I connect the rear cam (yellow) on AV1 I get a picture but without active parking lines.

So can you guys help me? What do I exactly have to connect the whole thing? Doing it for the first time actually..
Stivikivi

Car: E60

Re: Help with Setup Rear Camera

Postby Stivikivi » 21 Jan 2015, 16:24

Ok I come a bit forward atm only 1 Problem left..

the manual is a bit different than the actual interface. I think the newer version of yours don't need to get can H/L there is a plug and play adapter that splits H/L Can automatically.

I have one problem right now.. Measured

Reversing lamp on = 11.5v - 12v
But the R-CAM Output only 00.13V.

>If I connect the yellow cable directly on the Battery I get a picture so the cam and other connections were correct. But with this option, the cam will not switch automatically. Can you help me?
Stivikivi

Postby Chortenia » 22 Jan 2015, 16:58

Hi
My Problem is, HOW do I exactly connect the rear camera with my car & the Interface?

There is REAR socket on the AV IN/OUT cable, connect signal from the camera to it. Go to Factory mode-Util1-Rear type(rear select) of the interface, select activation by CAN, set car model in CAR mode (if everything is right, then OEM button will work for modes switching). The camera can be powered from the RCAM socket. +12 V will appear there when the rear gear is turned on and he interface detected it.

I haven't got an automatic transmission so it's a bit different.

It doesn't matter

If I take in the R for Reverse the Interface doesn't switch on cam. If I try to do it manually the screen stays black.

Make sure CAN is set in Factory mode-Util1-Rear type(rear select) and all cables are connected correctly. If activation via CAN doesn't work, you can do it in the following way via LAMP - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/712 ... 9-lamp.png . В Rear type(rear select) выбрать LAMP.

If I connect the rear cam (yellow) on AV1 I get a picture but without active parking lines.

Parking lineas are only on REAR input.
Best regards,
Car Solutions Team
Chortenia
CarSolutions Team

Car: Chery Kimo

Postby Chortenia » 22 Jan 2015, 17:01

the manual is a bit different than the actual interface.

Please, tell the model (version) of the video interface.

I think the newer version of yours don't need to get can H/L there is a plug and play adapter that splits H/L Can automatically.

All new revisions of the video interface have the following cable in the package Image .

But the R-CAM Output only 00.13V

In such case the video interface doesn't see that the rear gear is on

>If I connect the yellow cable directly on the Battery I get a picture so the cam and other connections were correct. But with this option, the cam will not switch automatically. Can you help me?

Check all connections, Car model and Rear type(select) in Factory mode of the interface.
Best regards,
Car Solutions Team
Chortenia
CarSolutions Team

Postby Stivikivi » 22 Jan 2015, 17:49

Hi Mate,

I think my Interface is faulty already was in touch with my sales manager gregory. He said that I should ask the support for more Infos so I will input all I've tried atm.

1. I don't know how, but the Interface do only Blackscreen now.. I press "Ok" and the Image is switching. But the Screen stays Black. No AV1, AV2, or something. LED's red and green are active. If I press "Ok" again, originally my main OEM menu is appearing again. How can I solve that? Is the Interface faulty?

2. If I use the LAMP Version, do I have to connect the camera with the REAR port? And which Cable do I have to put excatly in the 7th port? On the Power Supply Connecter of the camera I have 3 cables.

- Black - Already connected with the Ground
- Grey - Already connected on rear drive light
- Yellow - Tried via battery source (12V giving out an Image at AV1, AV2, AV3), Tried Rear Port connected with red Cable, Black on Ground 00.13V giving out no Image.

Which cable do I have to put in the 7th port. And the Port does not give out V right? How is the relai then activated by?

3. The next problem is the adapter which every new Interface already have like you said. Already steals CAN right? So I don't have to cut the cables in parts and connect them with each other right? Just Plug and Play and the Connecter will seperated CAN H/L - KCAN and deliver it straight to the Interface. Is that correct?

Feedback right now

Grey cable on rear drive light. R Gear on 11.5V (seems okay) R Gear off 0V
Black on Ground check

Tested Yellow directly to the battery Image on AV1 is appearing. While yellow still connected R Gear off Image is disappearing so the Relai is okay too I assume.

Interface does switch when I press "Ok" IR Cable is connected. But screen stays black, holding left for 2 Seconds Menu doesn't appear. Press "Ok" again OEM Menu appears.

Using I drive "Menu" button same.

Dip switches tried everything. Actually 1 "AV1" on, and the 7th for "RearCamera"
Stivikivi

Postby Stivikivi » 22 Jan 2015, 19:50

Another Solution that may work..

Yellow still on red cable Rear C Port
Black still on black cable rear C Port
Grey still on rear drive light cable.

Now take another cable from rear drive light 11.5v and put it into the 7th port.

So Red cable 12-24v + 11.5v in the power port if that's the case Rear C port recognize it and give out 12V. Is that the correct solution?
Stivikivi

Postby Stivikivi » 23 Jan 2015, 02:34

I have 3 last questions

1) https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/712 ... 9-lamp.png this is the variant you told me.

The Rear C cable. Do I have to connect it with Can H or Can L too? Because Can is already connected via the new adapter that is available on every new Interface as you already told me so it is it important to do this step?

My second question is about the cam

2) http://car-solutions.com/en/tailgate-ha ... series.php

I have this cam.

1. I can use the cam with the active parking lines from the Interface right?

2. How do the Interface recognize if I turn left/right? Already via can?

3. The camera has default lines. On your website it's shown that if I want to cut that down, I would have to cut down the green wired cable. But my camera do not possess this green wired cable. What can I do now? Because if I would get the Interface to work it would have the standard lines + Active parkin lines from the interface itself right?

Modell Interface: QPI-BM09
Product Code: QPI - BM09-1405-012
Under the Barcode: 141022-N
1411-V1.2

3)

But the R-CAM Output only 00.13V

In such case the video interface doesn't see that the rear gear is on

Can it be that the R-CAM output is faulty? (have to study all possibilities) :(
Stivikivi

Postby Chortenia » 23 Jan 2015, 11:09

1. Do I have to connect it with Can H or Can L too?

Yes, all the rest wires leave as they are, just connect the wire from REAR LAMP(+12V) to pin & in this connector.

2. I have this cam.

I can use the cam with the active parking lines from the Interface right?
- Right
How do the Interface recognize if I turn left/right? Already via can?
- the interface doesn't recognize that. Why should it do that?

3. Please, contact the sales manager. Maybe, there was a mistake

4. Try to power the camera from +12 V from another place and turn the rear gear. Is there any image from the camera?
Best regards,
Car Solutions Team
Chortenia
CarSolutions Team

Postby Stivikivi » 23 Jan 2015, 17:50

Chortenia wrote:
1. Do I have to connect it with Can H or Can L too?

Yes, all the rest wires leave as they are, just connect the wire from REAR LAMP(+12V) to pin & in this connector.

2. I have this cam.

I can use the cam with the active parking lines from the Interface right?
- Right
How do the Interface recognize if I turn left/right? Already via can?
- the interface doesn't recognize that. Why should it do that?

3. Please, contact the sales manager. Maybe, there was a mistake

4. Try to power the camera from +12 V from another place and turn the rear gear. Is there any image from the camera?

1. And if I do that, the Rear C Port is giving out +12V?

2. How are the dynamic parking lines work then? They have to get a signal from somewhere or not?

4. Yes as I already said if I connect the yellow wire directly with the 12v supply of my battery there is a picture but only on the AV 1,2,3 channels. But no automatically switching if I reverse.
Stivikivi

Return to Video Interfaces for BMW