Problems with a 650i installation

Moderator: Germes

Problems with a 650i installation

Postby petemoss » 29 Nov 2015, 05:34

Ok...so alot of time has been spent on this and this is what i have working..

I have the V4 of the video interface

THe car is a 2007 bmw 650i US spec.

1-The unit powers up and works
2-I only have rear view camera and MiraCast on AV1
3-I have dip switches set like this 1-on, 2-off, 3 and 4- on, 5-off, 6-off, 7-on, 8-off
4-Switching through Arrow and * key on steering wheel work so i know the Can bus is working
5-Miracast works (av1)
6-I am powering the unit off the power wire for the passenger seat 12 accessory port. This is only on when the car is running.

I have two issues now...

1-Rear camera does not switch with CAN bus. I set OSD menu to CAN bus and it does not respond when i put the car in reverse. To test, i set OSD menu to use Light and put a switch on the Rear Camera input to provide 12v to that input when i switch the switch...Than it works fine. I can switch the switch and it shows the rear camera properly. I understand that i can use this with the rear backup light but i bought this unit because it would work off of CAN Bus. WHy is this not working.

2-THe unit video is intermittent. it always responds whe i press the mode button or the steering wheel buttons but both rear camera and AV1 screens are completely black, black with some red lines or showing but fuzzy...(see photos).
Attachments
badimage.jpg
petemoss

Car: 2007 bmw 650i

Re: Problems with a 650i installation

Postby Yuretz » 30 Nov 2015, 14:43

Hello.
Is the OEM picture distorted too as shown on your picture?
where did you get a power for rear view camera From ?

As for rear view camera activation via CAN: please try all CAR MODEL values in the Factory mode of the interface.
Yuretz
CarSolutions Team

Car: Fast as the wind

Return to Video Interfaces for BMW