BMW E65 connect external MM

Moderator: Germes

BMW E65 connect external MM

Postby doki73 » 01 Apr 2016, 19:27

Hi all,

I am planning to buy this interface for my BMW E65 2004 (with CCC iDrive):
Car Video Interface for BMW 7 Series and Porsche Cayenne

My questions are:
- how it is supporting to switch in iDrive menu to the video connections this interface supports? (For me it would be enough to be able to switch by iDrive to the video channel, and then I would use the remote control of the interface I connected to the MM Video Input...) I have no source for videos etc to see this in practice... Also questionable the usage of the rear seat iDive controller... is this also can control the MM Interface?
- is there a possibility to make a "warn" sign from the external MM device to the iDrive system to switch to the MM Video Interface? (i should have this if there is an incoming phone call to the external video input device, and I should see/hear this in iDrive screen.)
- is the sound will work? I think not... is the FM transmitter can be a solution? (What is the best quality solution for voice in FM transmission...)
- is this possible to operate only on the full 8.8" display or the MM Video Interface can use the shared display (as factory default)

My plan is to connect a kenwood MM system with remote control... something like this:
Kenwood DNX line system
and remote control like: KNA RCDV331
I would switch by the iDrive between the factory functions and video interface channels...

As this system is not available for my car:
"OEM INTEGRATED BLUETOOTH CAR KIT FOR BMW CCC CIC"
I have only this chance to have:
- BT integrated phone function
- Navi (out of the factory default DVD based faulty system...)
- connect SD Card and USB HDD

Please do not hesitate to blame me :-) about my plans and the posssibility of this system, and to know what I have to buy for it... and what are the limitations...

Thank you in ahead!

Csaba
doki73

Car: BMW E65 2004

Re: BMW E65 connect external MM

Postby Yuretz » 04 Apr 2016, 13:59

Hello.
how it is supporting to switch in iDrive menu to the video connections this interface supports?

You can use the OEM Navi button to switch between interface's modes.

Also questionable the usage of the rear seat iDive controller... is this also can control the MM Interface?

Unfortunately, no.

is there a possibility to make a "warn" sign from the external MM device to the iDrive system to switch to the MM Video Interface? (i should have this if there is an incoming phone call to the external video input device, and I should see/hear this in iDrive screen.)

There's no such possibility.

is the sound will work? I think not... is the FM transmitter can be a solution? (What is the best quality solution for voice in FM transmission...)

You may use the OEM AUX input or the FM transmitter .

is this possible to operate only on the full 8.8" display or the MM Video Interface can use the shared display (as factory default)

This video interface works with both 6.5'' and 8.8'' screens.

As for bluetooth: unfortunately, we have no bluetooth solution for such car.
Yuretz
CarSolutions Team

Car: Fast as the wind

Return to Video Interfaces for BMW