BMW F30 PAL reverse camera and CAN bus

Moderator: Germes

BMW F30 PAL reverse camera and CAN bus

Postby djdaveyg » 15 Aug 2012, 00:31

Hi, I have BMW F20/30 video interface installed in my F30 on a 6.5" Idrive screen. I also have Cs9200 navigation. All is running ok, but I have 2 issues.

1. I have CAN bus connected. The menu button on the Idrive controller activates the video interface, and I can use steering wheel button to select nav, av1, av2 ect. But the reverse camera will not automatically show when I go into reverse. I have can selected in the menu. If I use the reverse lamp, and have lamp selected in the menu, it works ok, but sometimes does not activate, even thought the reverse lamp is on and 12v + connected to lamp connection.

2. The reverse camera I have is Pal format. The picture displays, but when I select split screen mode via the steering wheel the image becomes unstable. If I test with a NTSC source from the cs9200, there is no problem. I also tried to select the 8.8" monitor mode, and it seemed ok. So for 6.5" monitor you need NTSC camera.
djdaveyg

Car: Bmw f30

Re: BMW F30 PAL reverse camera and CAN bus

Postby Chortenia » 15 Aug 2012, 11:08

1. Such problem arises because voltage applied to the wire from rear lamp is pulsating. Pulsating signal serves for checking LEDs operating in rear lamps. To solve the problem set “LAMP” in the menu and connect according to the following scheme

2. You need NTSC camera.

Best regards,
Car Solutions Team
Best regards,
Car Solutions Team
Chortenia
CarSolutions Team

Car: Chery Kimo

Return to Video Interfaces for BMW