Universal RGB Converter - 2008 Infiniti M35x

Moderator: Germes

Universal RGB Converter - 2008 Infiniti M35x

Postby gr8rides » 23 Mar 2012, 05:03

2008 Infiniti M35

Hello,

I have a quick question... What function exactly does "ADO SEL" be used for on RGB Converter? Please explain. 

Also, there seems to be a problem with the color when reverse camera  is activated or any other camera is connected to V1 or V2. The color seems more blue/green and white. No reds or the color is not natural. CS9100 and OEM SYSTEM Color is ok. Do you have a solution or do you think there is a problem with universal RGB Converter? I have tried different DIP switch configuration.

NOTE: There was a problem with your wiring configuration from factory for RGB-OEM Connect on the box and harness provided by you that connects to OEM screen.

1. As per the documentation, "RGB-OEM Connect" under "Connector Pin Assignment section" on page 8, pin  numbers from 1-6 corresponding color code  shows red, green, blue, white, black. I received unit with wires in following order: red, white, blue, green, black. Only worked after changing connection myself.

2. Wiring harness you provided to be connected to the back of OEM Monitor pin configuration was also incorrect for RGB. it only worked after I had to reconfigure the wiring by putting it in correct pin slot.

Please have your engineering investigate further since there was allot of time wasted trying to resolve your issues.

Also, if you need to know, Video in motion can be achieved by permanently grounding the Parking Brake signal and disconnecting or cutting off the speed sensor wire from the wiring harness on the back of the OEM Control module.

Important: Please get back to me regarding the color on the reverse camera. I have tested my camera and it is working fine.

Regards,
gr8rides

Re: Universal RGB Converter - 2008 Infiniti M35x

Postby Chortenia » 23 Mar 2012, 16:20

Hello!
Here are the answers for your questions:

1. ADO SEL - 12V power comes out from 3 wires by RGB, AV1 & REAR modes – MAXIMUM power available for each channel is 500 mA!!!

2. Most likely the camera you are connecting works in PAL video system. Japanese cars work only with NTSC format. Car video interface does not transform PAL into NTSC or NTSC into PAL.

3. For some countries 24 pin connector pinout differs and as a result you need to change cable pinout according to the scheme.

Thank you for information about video in motion.

Best regards,
Car Solutions Team
Best regards,
Car Solutions Team
Chortenia
CarSolutions Team

Car: Chery Kimo

Postby gr8rides » 23 Mar 2012, 17:39

Hello,

Thank you for your prompt response. The rear view camera that I am referring to is offered by you. The model Car rear view camera GT-S655 is what I have and is NTSC. Liike I stated previously, if the cameras are connected directly to my factory aux in connection and connected directly to 12v power source bypassing the Universal RGB Converter, color is perfect. The problem occures only when the video connection is made to either Reverse R/V, V1, or V2 on the box itself. So from what you are explaining, means that there may be an issue with the actual box? Please advise.

By the way, if you need the reference of the car factory service manuals that contain the schematic diagrams for all Nissan/Infiniti models that are available on the website, please let me know.

Regards.
gr8rides

Postby Chortenia » 29 Mar 2012, 15:02

Hello!

Have you tried to connect some other video devices to these video inputs: R\V, V1, V2?
If not, please try in order to define what’s faulty – camera or car video interface.

Best regards,
Car Solutions Team
Best regards,
Car Solutions Team
Chortenia
CarSolutions Team

Postby gr8rides » 30 Mar 2012, 14:37

Hello,

Yes, I have tried the following:
1. Connected and verified the reverse camera to cars OEM AUX input connection and the video was good and the camera's color is also fine.
2. Connected my car DVD (same as one on your website) and connected to V1/V2 and noted a prolem.
3. Connected the working CS9100 video out to RGB Converters V1/V2 and same problem occurred.

How can I get you to send me replacement? What is the process?

Regards!
gr8rides

Postby Chortenia » 02 Apr 2012, 10:31

Hello!
Please, contact your sales manager for your device return. Please, be aware that the device should be in original package and contain complete set of accessories.
If you do not remember contacts of your sales manager, please write your login and email and we will contact you.

Best regards,
Car Solutions Team
Best regards,
Car Solutions Team
Chortenia
CarSolutions Team

Return to Video Interfaces for Nissan / Infiniti