12 Volvo video interface wiring

Moderator: Germes

Re: 12 Volvo video interface wiring

Postby jokeapri » 26 May 2017, 18:03

The button is only a blank. As the Nav button is as well. It's a blank too. However, it works and switches between inputs just as described in the manual. Nothing happens at all when the blank for Cam button is pressed for more than two seconds while I'm reverse.

If you look back to the beginning of this thread, I inquired about several other wires that you informed aren't used. Could one of those possibly be needed for this to work?
Thanks,
Joe
jokeapri

Car: 2012 Volvo XC-60 R

Postby Yuretz » 30 May 2017, 11:01

Blank buttons may not be activated and it's very strange that the blank buttton where the NAV button should be placed works. No other wires need to be connected.
Yuretz
CarSolutions Team

Car: Fast as the wind

Postby jokeapri » 01 Jun 2017, 02:55

Yuretz,
I am very surprised by your answer. I mean no disrespect, but I expected you to know your poducts and the cars they go in better. Or at least some research done prior to answering. Your answer was not accurate. With very little research, I was able to find out that the buttons are already active. Volvo can tell you this (As I did contact them myself). The original Q-dis manual states it too (page 10).
jokeapri

Postby Yuretz » 01 Jun 2017, 09:30

jokeapri wrote:Yuretz,
I am very surprised by your answer. I mean no disrespect, but I expected you to know your poducts and the cars they go in better. Or at least some research done prior to answering. Your answer was not accurate. With very little research, I was able to find out that the buttons are already active. Volvo can tell you this (As I did contact them myself). The original Q-dis manual states it too (page 10).

I think you should do your research better and find an information about VIDA and rear camera preparation. Also, there's nothing about empty CAM button in the QDIS manual.
Yuretz
CarSolutions Team

Postby jokeapri » 02 Jun 2017, 05:06

I did do my research. I think it's pretty obvious that I did. I expected you to do the same before you gave me a incorrect answer. And especially before you give me a follow up answer. Because I did do my research, I can provide you the factory Volvo service buliten regarding the factory camera system if you'd like. I acquired it after your first response that was incorrect. I had several conversations with seasoned certified Volvo technicians after your response. They supplied me with a lot of information.

You said
Blank buttons may not be activated and it's very strange that the blank buttton where the NAV button should be placed works

This is not accurate. Even the manufacturer (Q-dis) of your interface has it in there manual. Would you like me to provide the Q-dis manual?

I'm not here to get into a pissing match. I am more than happy to give you all the information that I have gathered to help you or others that want to install this interface.

I asked my questions here because I assumed you had a direct line to the technicians at the manufacturer to inquire about the full screen rear camera operation as shown in the manuals.

I want to add the Android Navigation module and front camera as well. Should I continue looking here for support or would you rather I go elsewhere?
jokeapri

Postby Yuretz » 02 Jun 2017, 09:25

What happens when you press the CAM button when the OEM screen is selected?
This is not accurate. Even the manufacturer (Q-dis) of your interface has it in there manual. Would you like me to provide the Q-dis manual?

Here's a manual from manufacturer https://car-solutions.com/nfs/product/8 ... manual.pdf . We haven't changed anything there . Please take a look at page 11 .
Here's an example of Volvo S60 with another function button instead of the CAM button Image. This button should be activated to use it.

I want to add the Android Navigation module and front camera as well. Should I continue looking here for support or would you rather I go elsewhere?

Any of our navigation boxes with RGB signal will fit. Camera should support the NTSC standard.
Yuretz
CarSolutions Team

Previous

Return to Other