Add reverse Camera to Ford Mondeo Denso Sat Nav Unit

Moderator: Germes

Add reverse Camera to Ford Mondeo Denso Sat Nav Unit

Postby Dan » 15 Feb 2016, 18:48

Hi all

As the title suggests, I want add a reverse camera video to my OEM Sat Nav

I believe that the universal RGB video is the way to go
http://car-solutions.com/en/universal-r ... erface.php

What I am looking for is any advice on how to connect it to the screen.. I have attached all the info I could find hoping that someone could make better sense of it than I can.

Link below contains a write up on retro fitting the unit, but it does include (further down) details about the pin connectors
http://www.fordwiki.co.uk/index.php?tit ... ro_Fitting

The below image shows the connector information from the FPC Cable between the head unit and the lcd screen.
post-117818-0-89542400-1451992232.jpg

Thanks for your support

Dan
Dan

Car: Ford Mondeo MK3 ST

Re: Add reverse Camera to Ford Mondeo Denso Sat Nav Unit

Postby Yuretz » 16 Feb 2016, 17:45

Hello.
It seems that you don't need any additional video interface to connect rear view camera. According to pinout of the molex connector you will need the following pins: #1 , #3 and one of #27 to #29. Connect the cable with RCA connector to pins #1 and #3. You should be able to switch between OEM-AV-RGB modes with "display mode switch" pin. We can't guarantee that this will work as we've never dealt with such head units before.
Also, it's easier to use NTSC source according to the pinout table.
Yuretz
CarSolutions Team

Car: Fast as the wind

Postby Dan » 19 Feb 2016, 14:26

Thanks Yuretz, I'll have a look and report back if I have any sucess
Dan

Car: Ford Mondeo MK3 ST

Postby 10REEE » 09 May 2016, 11:07

Hi
That picture what did i put to talkford's forum, sinse that post i took the head unit out. The problem is that, that manual is refer to tfd70w10 screen, which has got a plus part on it. for us the tfd70w24 does not contain that part, maybe one of the unit's containing the "driver" piece for it, as i see under the cd player the fpc cable goes to that pcb, which alredy had a CN1 named connector. Maybe that's what experts should modify and try it.
10REEE

Car: Ford Mondeo Mk3

Postby 10REEE » 09 May 2016, 14:32

Hi

I wrote that post on that forum, and that manual is for TDF70W10 screen, not the W24, after i managed to disassamble tha radio i saw that the W24 screen doesn't contain "tcon" board, its maybe under the cd player pcb where the lcd lvds cable goes and there is a CN1 connector, it would be great to know does it got the same pinout or we have just the another way to change the lcd screen itself with a multifunctional driver board.

I have a picture about that pcb
resized_IMAG0339.jpg
10REEE

Car: Ford Mondeo Mk3

Postby Richmondeo » 05 Apr 2017, 03:29

Hi I am very interested in this. I have the denso touch screen nav in my ST220 mondeo and wish to add a reverse camera how can I do this please someone help me Ive been searching for info for literally years now. Many thanks in advance
Richmondeo

Car: Mondeo

Return to Other