connecting 9200 box

CS9200/CS9200RV navigation box with video input for OEM and aftermarket monitors.

Moderator: Germes

connecting 9200 box

Postby Bairsjw » 07 Mar 2013, 10:05

Hi, I have a few questions, some related to the interface box for a rcd 510 delphi and some to connecting a cs9200. I have the interface installed and working and am looking to get either the 9200 or 9900.

1. On the interface, what are the audio signal out wires used for, i understand they supply 12v when that source is selected, can these be used to switch the rcd 510 to aux? ie if you switch to aux 1 on the interface, can the rcd 510 automatically switch to aux, (which is where the rca's from the interface box are to be plugged)?

2. is there a way to make the rcd 510 switch back to an oem screen without using the mode button on the interface, ie if you press radio can the interface automatically switch to the oem screen from aux 1 for example.

3. can i connect the rgb wire up to a 15 pin rgb connector to connect a laptop or similar, or to seperate rgb cables, or is it not that easy? when i get a 9200 or 9900 is it simple to connect the rgb wires on them to the interface wire or do i need an adapter?

4. Will the usb touch screen controller (which i already have) work for both the 9200 and 9900? I noticed there is data in and out wires on the 9200 would these be needed if the usb touchscreen controller is used, also how do you do left and right mouse clicks?

5. When you switch to navi on the interface, does this make the usb controller start working and disable the oem functions?

6. How do i get rid of the horizontal lines moving through picture on reversing camera, it is a brand new car, so there should be a suppressor on the alternator already, where is a good place to start looking for interference?

7. Is the 9200 compatible with a mini keyboard and mouse if the touchscreen is not easy to use?

8. i have to ask, why is the android box so expensive! if it wasn't 2x the price of the 9200 i would buy one, but it is a bit expensive at the moment!

thanks, looking forward to answers and will buy a 9200 probably asap.
josh
Bairsjw

Car: Vw Amarok

Re: connecting 9200 box

Postby Bairsjw » 07 Mar 2013, 12:09

have solved the horizontal lines- think it is cameras with ir emitters, i tried two with night vision and they did it but the 3rd with no emitters has no lines.
and just wanted to clarify
5. When you switch to navi on the interface, does this make the usb controller start working and disable the oem touchscreen functions?
Bairsjw

Postby Bairsjw » 07 Mar 2013, 12:14

also,
is there any point in connecting the can bus wires from the interface, the car i have has it, would it do anything?

what is the point of dip switch 8? why do you need the oem screen twice before the other sources?
Bairsjw

Postby Chortenia » 07 Mar 2013, 15:36

Hello!

As far as you firs questions are concerned:
1. If you want the sound from the sources to be played by the OEM stereo system the easiest way to do it is to use OEM AUX input of your car. However, the sound won’t automatically switch between AUX and DVD (as example).
2. It can be done only by the additional button. Since the video interface is not connected to the CAN bus, OEM buttons will not be used at all.
3. You can connect notebook or something like that but you will need separate sync to composite sync adapter (h/v sync -> csync)
4. USB touch will work on the CS9200, there are no drivers for CS9900 and you don’t need them because CS9900 has the socket for direct connection of the touch screen panel. In windows mouse click is a long tap on the screen. The situation in Android is completely different.
5. Yes
6. If you took +12V directly from the rear lamps most likely there is pulsing signal and the following diagram can help you:
Connect GND wire to the same place where you take +12V.
7. Yes
8. If you want to dispute the price, please, write to the following email: info@carsolutions.com.ua, however, it’s worth mentioning that modem and Wi-Fi stick are already included in the package
Best regards,
Car Solutions Team
Chortenia
CarSolutions Team

Car: Chery Kimo

Postby Bairsjw » 07 Mar 2013, 16:51

thankyou very much for all the replies. The interface is working well as it is at the moment.

just to check, if i get the 9200 box, which one is it to suit the rcd 510 interface, this one?
http://car-solutions.com/en/cs9200-navi ... nitors.php
and do i require any other items to make it work as a complete system (wiring, converters etc),

and the 9900 would be this one?
http://car-solutions.com/en/cs9900-navi ... nitors.php
and same question, any other wires/converters required?

Also just again
1.is there any point in connecting the can bus wires from the interface, the car i have has it (vw amarok 2012), would it do anything?

2.what is the point of dip switch 8? what is the reason you need the oem screen twice before the other sources?

3.sync to composite sync adapter (h/v sync -> csync)- im having trouble finding pinouts or converters, do you stock one or have a diagram of where the wires out of the interface go onto a vga plug (am i on the right track?), it sounds a bit above my knowledge from what i've read up, would i need to run powerstrip or similar anyway? might be eaier to wait for the nav box! I had been thinkning along the lines of a hdmi to vga convertor, is it possible?

4.The 12v outputs for each source on the interface, what would you normally use them for, to turn on an amp as an example or turning on rear screens? does the interface switch the audio for each av and put out the right one on av out for the source selected anyway?

sorry about all the questions, think I've almost got my head around everything!
Bairsjw

Postby Bairsjw » 11 Mar 2013, 06:51

also is it possible to view the reverse camera image as another av source (via the mode change button as av4, i noticed in settings it is called this?)? it would be handy to be able to check it while driving if you were towing a trailer for example, or can you only do this by plugging it into another av source?
Bairsjw

Postby Chortenia » 11 Mar 2013, 12:08

just to check, if i get the 9200 box, which one is it to suit the rcd 510 interface, this one?
http://car-solutions.com/en/cs9200-navi ... nitors.php
and do i require any other items to make it work as a complete system (wiring, converters etc),

You need thetouch screen controller to control the devices via OEM touch screen
and the 9900 would be this one?
http://car-solutions.com/en/cs9900-navi ... nitors.php
and same question, any other wires/converters required?

You also need the cable

1. No
2. Judging this question you have Car Video Interface for Volkswagen with RCD 510 Delphi Head Unit. As far as this question is concerned
why do you need the oem screen twice before the other source
, in some head units RCD/RNS is designed in the way that when you push the mode switch button they switch first to another OEM window. For example, you were in the navigation mode and after pressing the button you switched to the radio. By the way you can connect the OEM button for switching between the video resources.
3. We don’t deal with such convertors or carPC. You can find the wire diagrams in the web. You will need the PowerStrip like program to provide the supported resolution to the video interface (480х234 or 800х480).
4. For example if we take the DVD connected to the AV1, when we switch to the AV1, +12V will appear on the AV1-sel wire. You can take these 12 V for powering the DVD, which is already connected to the AV1. In other words the DVD will be powered only when you switch to the AV1.
Best regards,
Car Solutions Team
Chortenia
CarSolutions Team

Car: Chery Kimo

Return to CS9200 Navigation Box