Compatible BLUETOOTH USB dongles?

Moderator: Germes

Compatible BLUETOOTH USB dongles?

Postby edgararroyo » 21 Apr 2013, 23:30

Hi, can we get a list of compatible bluetooth dongles to get with this device? I would like to use the RGB and (HOPEFULLY) the video interface gives Bluetooth priority (i.e. if someone calls, it enables the BT audio for phone calls, and BT audio would work over any other audio)

Otherwise I would see a future upgrade on the video interface to include the Audio L and Audio R that the CS9900 has on their RGB cable, but not on the video interface. I think it's a great idea to include this audio, that way you can install Pandora, XiiaLive, Slacker Radio, Netlfix, Plex, Hulu, Crackle, etc etc. and not depend on the little speaker included to listen to the audio when playing these applications.

Thanks!
edgararroyo

Car: VW CC Sport

Re: Compatible BLUETOOTH USB dongles?

Postby edgararroyo » 22 Apr 2013, 09:54

Well, to my surprise, the last and oldest bluetooth dongle worked! I still need wifi though since I dont use 3G GSM...

edgararroyo

Postby Chortenia » 22 Apr 2013, 14:26

Otherwise I would see a future upgrade on the video interface to include the Audio L and Audio R that the CS9900 has on their RGB cable, but not on the video interface.

There are no left and right audio channels in CS9900 RGB cable.
I think it's a great idea to include this audio, that way you can install Pandora, XiiaLive, Slacker Radio, Netlfix, Plex, Hulu, Crackle, etc etc. and not depend on the little speaker included to listen to the audio when playing these applications.

You can transmit sound from CS9900 to the OEM stereo system via AUX.
Best regards,
Car Solutions Team
Chortenia
CarSolutions Team

Car: Chery Kimo

Postby edgararroyo » 23 Apr 2013, 04:33

Oh just the cables are there? On my CS9900 I got an RGB cable that had R.G.B.Sync.Grnd.AudioL.AudioR... They have no connections then? What about Bluetooth, will bluetooth work over anything selected on the video interface? That way I can use my phone in the car? I could input the CS9900 via Bluetooth that way. The AUX is part of MEDIA, is that always on when selecting other modes (like RGB) in the video interface?

Thanks!

Also, I am getting a grey square with red letters that say my speed in Km/hour and doesn't let me see Navigon, I noticed a "SAFE" cable, do I need to ground or give it +12v for that square to go away while driving?
edgararroyo

Postby Chortenia » 23 Apr 2013, 12:01

Oh just the cables are there? On my CS9900 I got an RGB cable that had R.G.B.Sync.Grnd.AudioL.AudioR...

There are no right and left audio channels in the CS9900 RGB cable.

What about Bluetooth, will bluetooth work over anything selected on the video interface?

Yes

That way I can use my phone in the car?

There is no possibility to pair up the phone in this hardware revision.

The AUX is part of MEDIA, is that always on when selecting other modes (like RGB) in the video interface?

Could you, please, explain what you mean.

Also, I am getting a grey square with red letters that say my speed in Km/hour and doesn't let me see Navigon, I noticed a "SAFE" cable, do I need to ground or give it +12v for that square to go away while driving?

You need to switch the Car Mode off. Refer to the page 25 of the manual.
Best regards,
Car Solutions Team
Chortenia
CarSolutions Team

Postby edgararroyo » 24 Apr 2013, 01:31

Chortenia wrote:
Oh just the cables are there? On my CS9900 I got an RGB cable that had R.G.B.Sync.Grnd.AudioL.AudioR...

There are no right and left audio channels in the CS9900 RGB cable.

Bummer.. :( That would be great if both Audio L & Audio R could be integrated on both the video interfaces and the Navi Boxes... I will try Bluetooth or Aux In, I have them both in my car radio.

Chortenia wrote:
What about Bluetooth, will bluetooth work over anything selected on the video interface?

Yes

This is great news! That means I can skip Aux In in the first question and just pair the CS9900 to my car radio and listen through bluetooth.

Chortenia wrote:
That way I can use my phone in the car?

There is no possibility to pair up the phone in this hardware revision.

I meant use my phone in my car's radio...but I was playing around today and I did manage to pair the WP9900 to my car radio but I could not do both (my phone and the WP9900) at the same time :( VW radio issue, it wants both to be the same device.

Chortenia wrote:
The AUX is part of MEDIA, is that always on when selecting other modes (like RGB) in the video interface?

Could you, please, explain what you mean.

MEDIA is 4 (sometimes 5 if you have MDI) on our radios: 6 disc changer, SD Card, Aux (IN or MDI), and Bluetooth. If we switch to using the video interface on one of the inputs will it turn off these built-in media outputs on the car's radio?

Chortenia wrote:

You need to switch the Car Mode off. Refer to the page 25 of the manual.

I checked and apparently update 10-04-13 removed this feature, I can't get rid of the GREY BOX with RED LETTERS on this newer firmware. Please check this out. Thanks! BTW I did a Factory Reset, that's how I got Wifi working.
edgararroyo

Postby Chortenia » 24 Apr 2013, 15:57

MEDIA is 4 (sometimes 5 if you have MDI) on our radios: 6 disc changer, SD Card, Aux (IN or MDI), and Bluetooth. If we switch to using the video interface on one of the inputs will it turn off these built-in media outputs on the car's radio?

When you switch to the AUX in the sound from the radio or 6 disc changer will be switched off. If this is what you asked about.

I checked and apparently update 10-04-13 removed this feature, I can't get rid of the GREY BOX with RED LETTERS on this newer firmware. Please check this out. Thanks! BTW I did a Factory Reset, that's how I got Wifi working.

Car mode is hidden in the menu until you unlock it by entering the password. You need to do the following: settings->customization settings->menu->unlock->7777
Best regards,
Car Solutions Team
Chortenia
CarSolutions Team

Postby edgararroyo » 26 Apr 2013, 15:24

Yes,thank you, I saw it on the comment section, and got rid of the grey box :)

Only 1 more thing and I think I'm good for now... How do I enable the "Audio In" 3.5" plug? Last night I was trying to input some sound from my tablet to see if I could wire the CS9900 to the MDI (where the original AUX-IN plug is) and then rewire the CS9900 to the plug on the car that way I still get an AUX-IN input but there is no setting that allows me to use it, or does it even have that functionality?

Thank you!
edgararroyo

Postby Chortenia » 26 Apr 2013, 17:32

These functions are being developed for the time being.
Best regards,
Car Solutions Team
Chortenia
CarSolutions Team

Return to CS9900 Navigation Box