HOBD on CS9200RV for Lexus

CS9200/CS9200RV navigation box with video input for OEM and aftermarket monitors.

Moderator: Germes

HOBD on CS9200RV for Lexus

Postby dimitrov2000 » 29 Jul 2014, 17:34

OK guys, help me out a little because after reading and trying almost everything I'm stuck...

Installed HOBD demo and is running OK on CS9200.
Tried to install the module ELM327 (USB Ver.1.5a) and there the problems began:
I cannot install the FTDI driver /from official site/ needed to run the module for two reasons:
a/ When I copy the files in \\Windows directory, after reboot they disappear. Tried the other way creating Windows directory in Resident Flash and they stay there for now. /Maybe a solution but.../
b/ When I plug the USB module a message appears "Enter the driver's name" /as it should be, according to the FTDI manual/ but it's impossible to do it because I have no KEYBOARD appearing.../It's there in Windows Explorer actions - rename etc./ I tried to change the settings for TASKBAR to be "Always on top" but I've found out that there is no TASKBAR...also there is no START BUTTON and no DESKTOP view in this WinCE version so I'm out of options.

My questions are:

1. Is there a way to make a script /or install batch/ for these drivers. I.e. use all the necessary files from the SD card and place it where they are needed, writing at the same time the necessary entries in the registry so the driver is recognized when the device is plugged. /Maybe it's not that hard because I've been reading a similar post in the Russian version of this forum and tried the "HOBD_port0.exe" but unfortunately it's not working for me. I don't know why, it could be something simple...
/My SD card is named exactly "SDMMC Storage" /WITH the empty space/ and I'm attaching the drivers in question, including all the necessary installation instructions./

2. What is the correct way to avoid the problem with the self deleting files. /I've been reading that this is because there is no battery and the system resets itself to factory defaults every time the ACC is turned OFF and the system is restarted./

3. Is there a way to solve this problem with the missing keyboard, taskbar etc. because they can be needed for something in the future.
Attachments
ARMv4VCPDriver60_1.1.0.20.zip
FTDI Drivers
(40.88 KiB) Downloaded 2057 times
dimitrov2000

Car: Lexus RX 300

Re: [Solved] HOBD on CS9200RV for Lexus

Postby dimitrov2000 » 11 Aug 2014, 16:13

The problem lied within a limited WinCE version on CS9200RV.
The solution was ftdi_ser.dll driver on ResidentFlash, automation script provided by HOBD team and custom keyboard.
I can provide detail if anyone is interested. It works perfectly.
dimitrov2000

Re: HOBD on CS9200RV for Lexus

Postby Chortenia » 14 Aug 2014, 09:50

Hi.
Thank you for sharing your solution. If you can, please, share the script, maybe, it will be useful for the users.

Best regards,
Car Solutions Team
Best regards,
Car Solutions Team
Chortenia
CarSolutions Team

Car: Chery Kimo

Postby dimitrov2000 » 14 Aug 2014, 20:51

Here it is...
Attachments
hobdrive_scripts.zip
(79.17 KiB) Downloaded 2213 times
dimitrov2000

Postby BlackGT5 » 06 May 2015, 00:21

Is it required to install the .netcf for Hobd to work on the CS9200RV?
BlackGT5

Car: Pontiac G8

Return to CS9200 Navigation Box