Mercedes OEM Backup Camera Interface

Car rear view and front view cameras, night vision cameras, parking assist.

Moderator: Germes

Mercedes OEM Backup Camera Interface

Postby Pdoc » 22 Jun 2016, 17:04

I have a USA 2012 E series Mercedes with command 4.5 and factory backup Camera. I would like to use this with an add in interface to add dynamic parking lines. Problem is interfaces want composite video via RCA jack. Does anyone know what the pinout/ data format is comming out of the harness to the head unit? The factory cam goes to a module labeled dc/dc converter, modulator. The output of this goes to a fakra connector that is connected to the head unit. Interface between head unit and display is apparently RGB, however Im not sure what the format is from the 'converter' box. Thanks
Pdoc

Car: Mercedes W212

Re: Mercedes OEM Backup Camera Interface

Postby Yuretz » 27 Jun 2016, 10:51

Hello.
These cars use digital type signal and not RGB. This adapter http://car-solutions.com/en/rear-view-c ... elines.php is designed to connect rear view camera to the OEM monitor of Mercedes-Benz, equipped with Comand APS NTG 4.5 system. RGB input for aftermarket navigation connection. Active parking guidelines function.
Yuretz
CarSolutions Team

Car: Fast as the wind

Postby Pdoc » 05 Jul 2016, 01:08

The interface you link to says CVBS input and uses a RCA plug. Isn't the CVBS standard composite NTSC video? The engineering menu under command does have CVBS selected. Input to the command unit from the factory modulator is a green female Fakra connector. I'm wondering if replacing this with a male RCA connector would be a working solution? I may have to look at the signal with a scope to see what is is. Thanks for your help.
Pdoc

Car: Mercedes W212

Postby Yuretz » 05 Jul 2016, 09:39

NTG 4.5 has AV and rear view camera inputs. https://www.odrive.com/s/fdf04289-6a73- ... d-577b55b2 . However, we don't have information of how to activate them. This car support only the NTSC standard.
Video interface connects between the Comand unit and the monitor via LVDS cable.
Yuretz
CarSolutions Team

Car: Fast as the wind

Return to Car Cameras and Night Vision