Cs9320 on Subaru Outback 2004 (Kenwood)

Navigation box for OEM car monitors and aftermarket multimedia receivers. Operates on Android 4.1.1 platform. Uses GPS and GLONASS systems.

Moderator: Germes

Re: Cs9320 on Subaru Outback 2004 (Kenwood)

Postby Ael » 12 Apr 2017, 19:17

Hello again! I will love to make a short video of the problem but now I have boot loop problem again one week after the last update. When I talk with the support last week they say at if I upgrade the device with the latest Android 4.3 and after that I install the MCU update it should be OK and it will fix the boot looping thing. But it does not. So now I will reinstall again the OS and probably I will try first with version 4.1 so I can see if the boot loop or GPS Time problem exist there. I will try to make a video of the problem after that. I'm starting to think there is something wrong with the device, its not normal to boot loop so often.
Ael

Car: Subaru

Postby Ael » 16 Apr 2017, 21:31

Hello, I've tried to update the system but after the update the system does not start. It boot looping all the time. I tried first with 4.1 and after that to times with 4.3. I put the wp9920_update.zip file in the root directory of the SD card and the device actually load it for a minute and after that nothing happened - it continue the boot loop process. Is it something wrong with the device ? Can I try something else ?
Ael

Postby Yuretz » 18 Apr 2017, 08:56

Hello.
Please do the following:
Copy all files and folders from this archive https://www.odrive.com/s/88fc5658-4d6d- ... 0-58f5a950 to clean SD card. Insert it into box and wait until "Programing PQBIN" https://www.odrive.com/s/b2b90f0d-8cc5- ... 5-58f5a980 appears on the screen. Then, turn off the box, copy update update.zip https://www.odrive.com/s/61f72d0b-9d94- ... e-58f5a9d0 to the SD card and insert it into the box then power it on.
Yuretz
CarSolutions Team

Car: Fast as the wind

Postby Ael » 02 May 2017, 00:06

Hello, here is what happened.

1. I've copied the files from the archive from the first link on a blank SD card. Insert in the device and start it. Then it starts to flash the ROM but it stop on the 4th line "Program Done". I've wait for a more then 10 minutes and then I decide to insert the other card with the update.zip file. I shut down the device, take the card out and put the other one in and when I start it the resolution was messed up with the all other settings, so now I cant tell if I did it wright or not. I see something on the screen of the navi but dont know the flash was successful or not.

2. Then I decide to connect the box to external monitor through CVBS video port so I can fix the resolution. I've tried on 5 different TVs and Monitors and I cant see any video signal. I even ordered one Video to VGA converter so I can try on the computer screen but so far with no success.

So now I have one half flashed (maybe) android box witch I cant run on CVBS Monitor for some reason. At least is not Bootlooping now :lol:

What is the next think we can do so I can get this think to work again ?
Attachments
IMAG0029.jpg
Ael

Postby Yuretz » 03 May 2017, 10:37

Ael wrote:Hello, here is what happened.

1. I've copied the files from the archive from the first link on a blank SD card. Insert in the device and start it. Then it starts to flash the ROM but it stop on the 4th line "Program Done". I've wait for a more then 10 minutes and then I decide to insert the other card with the update.zip file. I shut down the device, take the card out and put the other one in and when I start it the resolution was messed up with the all other settings, so now I cant tell if I did it wright or not. I see something on the screen of the navi but dont know the flash was successful or not.

2. Then I decide to connect the box to external monitor through CVBS video port so I can fix the resolution. I've tried on 5 different TVs and Monitors and I cant see any video signal. I even ordered one Video to VGA converter so I can try on the computer screen but so far with no success.

So now I have one half flashed (maybe) android box witch I cant run on CVBS Monitor for some reason. At least is not Bootlooping now :lol:

What is the next think we can do so I can get this think to work again ?

Try updating with wp9920_update.zip once again. If the picture won't be seen after 5 minutes then, please contact our sales department https://car-solutions.com/en/information/contacts.html for replacement/repair .
Yuretz
CarSolutions Team

Postby Ael » 04 May 2017, 14:43

Just tried with 4.3 and after that with 4.1. No picture at all on 2 TVs with different video cables. It updates for sure because the ZIP file is gone from the card right after I power up the device.

When I connect it with RGB adapter to the factory screen comes a picture but the resolution is wrong so I can not see what is on the screen.

So now I will have to contact the sales department for replacement/repair.
Ael

Postby Yuretz » 04 May 2017, 16:04

Ael wrote:Just tried with 4.3 and after that with 4.1. No picture at all on 2 TVs with different video cables. It updates for sure because the ZIP file is gone from the card right after I power up the device.

When I connect it with RGB adapter to the factory screen comes a picture but the resolution is wrong so I can not see what is on the screen.

So now I will have to contact the sales department for replacement/repair.

Try this update https://www.odrive.com/s/89da9bdf-f6e7- ... 9-590b26d2 . It should reset the video settings.
Yuretz
CarSolutions Team

Postby Ael » 05 May 2017, 21:38

Nope, the update is gone from the card but nothing changed :(

Here is another idea (I really dont want to send this back and wait like a month for the new one). Is it possible to configure the right resolution with script file trough the update.zip file automatic or maybe we can use the format procedure to apply another resolution different from 800x480 ? In the package witch I use to format the unit there is scripts/set_display file witch I think configure the screen resolution after erasing the memory of the device. Here is what is inside:
Code: Select all
#PANEL EXT 800x480
"vs0=800,480,2944,72,95,26,7,2,12"
"ld=160"
"ec=T02:P67"
"acc=10"
#END

Maybe if we can apply the right resolution from the beginning so I dont have to use the CVBS port and I can use the nav screen in the car ? The resolution of the factory screen in my car is 480x234. The screen works best with JVC 480x234-7039 and Touch KENWOOD DDX7039. Can we apply those settings somehow ? What do u think ?
Ael

Postby Yuretz » 08 May 2017, 10:15

Changing values in this file will do nothing. Update was supposed to help .
Yuretz
CarSolutions Team

Postby Ael » 09 May 2017, 12:44

Is it something special that I have to do when I connect CVBS monitor to the device? It's all about to plug the video cable and power up the device right?

With the wrong resolution on the navigation screen now I see one horizontal white stripe in the middle witch I assume at it is the calibration screen with the white cross in the middle. So basically the device is working just fine, that's why I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong with connecting it to an external monitor?
Ael

Postby Yuretz » 10 May 2017, 11:24

Ael wrote:Is it something special that I have to do when I connect CVBS monitor to the device? It's all about to plug the video cable and power up the device right?

With the wrong resolution on the navigation screen now I see one horizontal white stripe in the middle witch I assume at it is the calibration screen with the white cross in the middle. So basically the device is working just fine, that's why I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong with connecting it to an external monitor?

There's nothing special. Just connect the cable to CVBS output of CS9320A and the other side to the monitor. Screen resolution doesn't affect CVBS .
Yuretz
CarSolutions Team

Postby Ael » 10 May 2017, 16:36

Ok, I'll try one last time and after that I'll send it for replacement.

Thanks for the support! After I receive the new one I have to see if the GPS problem exists there as well. Will write here feedback.
Ael

Previous

Return to CS9320 Navigation Box on Android