Rear camera connection on video interface for BMW E90 CCC

Moderator: Germes

Rear camera connection on video interface for BMW E90 CCC

Postby QUALORGA » 21 Jan 2018, 02:09

Hi I’m Claude from France. I’ve studied the manual of thé interface video for CCC idrive on a BMW E90 2006.
I havé à question relatéd to rear caméra connection
Thanks you to tell me. what is correct :
Solution 1 : If I CONNECT thé canbus, does thé connection « rear c » of thé interface supplied Power to thé rear caméra when rear gear is engaged (possible with a relay) in this case the rear c is an output from the interface.
And thé interface input switches to vidéo signal from thé camera?
Or (second solution: thé rear cam power is supplied from thé rear lamp (possibly with a relay) to thé caméra
And thé » rear c » connection of thé interface is uséd to inform thé interface that rear gear is engagéd. On this case thé rear c of thé interface is connectéd to thé 12 v supply from thé rear lamp and the cable rear connection on the interface is an input to the interface
Or (solution 3) thé cam is supplied power from thé rear lamp ( with relay possibly) as on solution 2
Thé connection « rear c » of thé interface is not connectéd to thé rear cam ( not connectéd Anywhere) And thé can bus inform thé interface to switch to thé cam vidéo connection input from thé rear cam in this case, the tension supply to the camera is not linked to the interface.

Envoyé de mon iPhone
QUALORGA

Car: BLW E90 lux 2006

Re: Rear camera connection on video interface for BMW E90 CC

Postby Yuretz » 22 Jan 2018, 11:05

Hello.
First solution is correct one.
Yuretz
CarSolutions Team

Car: Fast as the wind

Re: Rear camera connection on video interface for BMW E90 CC

Postby QUALORGA » 22 Jan 2018, 23:33

Thanks for information. So I.ll have a cable from the interface r cam to the rear cam. I.ll try as is And Probably add a relay ,regarding to the you tube installation description
Claude
QUALORGA

Car: BLW E90 lux 2006

Return to Interfaces de multimedia / audio / video para coche