Interface does not work anymore

Moderator: Germes

Interface does not work anymore

Postby Jorgos » 04 Jul 2018, 16:35

Hi,
It happened yesterday. Everything was working correctly for the whole day (and past half a year...), I parked my car and enabled handbrake, when i received error, that handbrake is broken (even though it worked), then i tried to stop engine - it does, but all dashboard items were still on (clusters, radio). I disconnected the hdmi interface and everything went back to normal - all errors dissapeared.
Today i tried to connect the interface again - it started to get really hot, and again, all devices in my car started to going crazy (even emergency lights switch started to blinking).
I disconnected CAN wires and tried to connect interface again - MMI buttons didn't work (connected with separate wire, it worked since the first day i bought it...), but i was able to switch to interface using "MODE" pin. The whole view was moved to left. because it get again very hot i disconnected it and I took it home.

Do you have any idea what happened and what can I do with the issue? Thanks for advice and support.
Jorgos

Car: Audi A6

Re: Interface does not work anymore

Postby Yuretz » 05 Jul 2018, 11:41

Hello.
Errors can appear because of wrong CAN connection. Please check CAN wire connections once again https://car-solutions.com/nfs/product/8 ... manual.pdf.
Heating of the video interface is allowed.
Yuretz
CarSolutions Team

Car: Fast as the wind

Postby Jorgos » 05 Jul 2018, 15:00

Interface was working correclty for about 9 months with this connection, and it stopped to work 2 days ago.
I have disconnected CAN at all. I suppose, device should work normally without CAN connected, but it does not.
Jorgos

Postby Yuretz » 05 Jul 2018, 15:21

I suppose, device should work normally without CAN connected, but it does not.

What exactly doesn't work without CAN connection? Could you provide a short video of the issue.
Yuretz
CarSolutions Team

Postby Jorgos » 05 Jul 2018, 17:44

I will provide video tomorrow, as soon as possible.
Jorgos

Postby Jorgos » 09 Jul 2018, 12:39

Forgive me late answer, I had many things to do :)

1) Can is connected, I am not able to power on my car at all (every single car device shows error on CAN - the wiring was not changed since i bought the device and it was working correctly). Please note the emergency lights switch blinking.

https://youtu.be/qwBCnswNdo0

2) Can is disconnected (I took off the wires from the plug). Car works 100% perfect, but the interface does not communicate with the MMI controller (which is connected with additional cable, so even with CAN disconnected it should work). I switched to HDMI using tweezers (i know, this is unprofessional, but i needed it just to record the video). As you can see, it switched, and showed the splash screen. I had no input connected, but if i connect it would be the same - view is moved to the left.

https://youtu.be/tV6wFu_oo-M
Jorgos

Postby Yuretz » 09 Jul 2018, 16:37

1. Check the CAN connection once again. OEM buttons won't work without such connection. If CAN-High and CAN-Low are mixed up some errors may appear.
2. Try different DIP switch positions from DIP #6 to #10 . Manual https://car-solutions.com/nfs/product/8 ... manual.pdf , page 18. Shifted picture and CAN errors may be cause of wrong DIP settings.
Yuretz
CarSolutions Team

Postby Jorgos » 12 Jul 2018, 12:42

Can you advice which to choose? I have Audi a6 c6 from 2010. And my DIP switches are set to
6 OFF
7 OFF
8 ON
9 ON
10 OFF

as in the manual. SHould i change it to different option? Could it change itself during work?
Jorgos

Postby Yuretz » 12 Jul 2018, 14:28

Jorgos wrote:Can you advice which to choose? I have Audi a6 c6 from 2010. And my DIP switches are set to
6 OFF
7 OFF
8 ON
9 ON
10 OFF

as in the manual. SHould i change it to different option? Could it change itself during work?

Try different positions. This won't hurt the video interface or anything else. Video interface should be powered off while changing DIP switch positions.
Yuretz
CarSolutions Team

Postby Jorgos » 16 Jul 2018, 12:46

I tried almost all options... I am giving up my hope... So i just lost 220 ;/
Jorgos

Postby Yuretz » 16 Jul 2018, 13:43

Jorgos wrote:I tried almost all options... I am giving up my hope... So i just lost 220 ;/

You may contact our sales department https://car-solutions.com/en/information/contacts.html to send this video interface for repair.
Yuretz
CarSolutions Team

Return to Video Interfaces for Audi