2005 SLK r171 Problem

Moderator: Germes

2005 SLK r171 Problem

Postby AjarnMichael » 26 Jul 2015, 07:11

I have installed the video interface (Model RGB - HE- STD - V5) and have been able to mirror my mobile phone on my head unit successfully. However, I am experiencing a few problems.

1) The video interface blows a fuse after a few minutes of use. I have tried changing the ground wire to a different point in the car but this did not help. Any ideas?

2) My backup camera will not be displayed. I know I have the camera hooked up correctly because I can plug it into a small TV set and the picture shows on the TV when the car is in reverse. The second light on the video interface unit does not come on when the camera is plugged into the interface and no picture is seen. The #7 DIP switch is in the ON position. I see that the Power Cable for the interface has a gray wire that the manual says is for the backup camera. Does this wire need to be used for my camera to work with the interface?

3) The manual does not specifically state that soldering the gray wire to the NAV select key is an option for the r171. Can the R171 use the NAV button?

4) My car does not seem to be able to use the RGB plug. I was hoping to take advantage of the PIP feature. If using this feature is not possible, would I be better off with the low end version of the interface?

Thank you for your time.
AjarnMichael

Car: 2005 Mercedes R171

Re: 2005 SLK r171 Problem

Postby AjarnMichael » 28 Jul 2015, 02:46

I have solved problem 2 and think I found the problem with issue number 1.

I'm still curious how I might take advantage of the PIP feature using the RGB connection. I also want to make sure I solder the correct wire since slightly different manuals for the same interface show a different colored wire.
AjarnMichael

Car: 2005 Mercedes R171

Re: 2005 SLK r171 Problem

Postby Chortenia » 28 Jul 2015, 17:31

Hi.
1. Please, share your experience of how you solved the problem
2. Gray REAR wire should be connected to the +12V of the rear lamps. See the picture

3. To use an OEM NAV button you need to solder to the 5 pin of the red connector as shown in this picture

4. PIP works only in the NAV + AV mode. If nothing is connected via RGB, then the PIP mode will not be activated. In such case functionality of both video interfaces is almost the same. The difference is only in static parking lines in Hi End version.
Best regards,
Car Solutions Team
Chortenia
CarSolutions Team

Car: Chery Kimo

Return to Video Interfaces for Mercedes-Benz