Video interface for Mercedes GLK 2011 + CS9100

Moderator: Germes

Video interface for Mercedes GLK 2011 + CS9100

Postby pandavi » 22 Jan 2012, 14:16

Hello!
I own a 2011 Mercedes Benz GLK300 with NTG4 head unit with 7" display.
I have purchased from you a Video Interface box (811226) W221 V.8 + CS9100.
I have received it all.

I will connect the interface with CAN wires

My Questions:
1.Is there a user manual and an installation instructions/manual for the 9100, how to interconnect it with the Interface.

2.There is a remote control with the 9100, no IR receiver (eye), how does it function? through the Interface?

3.Which wires of the RGB cable to connect to the RGB cable of the interface? (There are 2 wires in the 9100 RGB cable for Audio) does it mute the car radio when nav instructions are given?

4.How to connect the 9100 Audio to the interface? to AV in?

5.Does the 9100 power up with the power cable connected to the + and Gnd of the car when you turn on the car? or does it have a switch?

6.There is a SEL OUT cable with the interface, 3 wires (Nav, Rear view cam, AV) Please explain where to connect it and what it is for, there are no explanations in the Manual I have downloaded. PLEASE EXPLAIN!

7.Do I connect the rear view cam power to the grey wire of the Power cable of the interface or to reverse lamp? it is a retrofited camera I have added myself.

8.There is a black wire attached to the LCD OUT cable , do i need to connect it to the Inerface metal box? I am using CAN connection.

9.If I connect to CAN, do I need to connect any other wires from the power cable?

10. Do I need to use/connect the MODE button? I have a USB touch screen installed connected to the 9100.

11.Do I need to connect the IR if unit is connected to CAN and I have touch screen?

Sorry for so many Q, there are no instructions re. all of these.

Thank you!
pandavi

Car: Mercedes GLK 2011

Re: Video interface for Mercedes GLK 2011 + CS9100

Postby MrTinkertrain » 23 Jan 2012, 16:49

Hello,
One of your messages was deleted due to exactly the same message as this one.
  1. Navigation module CS9100 getting connected with the Video interface by RGB line. Pinouts for RGB input of the interface is described on the 15th page of the manual. Pinout of the RGB cable for CS9100 can be found by the link below:
  2. Remote control for CS9100 uses radio channel, it doesn't require IR-receiver.
  3. Check reply #1. Audio cables - are the same as RCA output (AL & AR) at CS9100.
  4. Video interface doesn't solve question of the sound connection from CS9100 to the state audio system of the car. Video interface just commutes audio signal from different connected devices to RCA Video/Audio outputs which are getting connected to the monitors in the headrests (if you installing monitors in the headrests)
  5. Power of the CS9100 suppose to be connected to the IGNITION wire. Wire that is receiving power after the engine cranked.
  6. 3 wires x Mode Selector (12V power comes out from 3 wires by AV1, RGB & REAR modes – MAXIMUM power available for each channel is 500 mA!!!)
  7. This cable suppose to be connected in any way, if you have standard or not standard rear view camera.
    All that is required is to properly install DIP#7 jumper to the video interface.
  8. Black wire with the ring at the end suppose to be connected to the case of standard display. Other end of that cable has to be connected to the case of interface - to remove the power supply potential difference.
  9. ACC - connect to IGNITION wire
    GND - connect to GND IGNITION wire
    CAN-H - connect to CAN bus lead
    CAN-L - connect to CAN bus lead
    SAFE - connect to the case of the car in the place of video interface mounting
    REAR-C - connect it to the wire bowl of backward movement. When you begin backup movement +12Volt appears at it.
  10. No, you don't need to connect Mode button, instead of it (in your case) you can use standard button, as it is stated on the 14th page of the manual. In video interface you'll need to indicate case of your car, in order to properly use standard button (UTIL - CAR MODEL)
  11. In case if you mean IR-receiver for Video interface, then it is required for the tuning of the Video interface, to go to standard menu or menu for installers, only. In future IR-receiver and remote control won't be required.
MrTinkertrain
Administrator

Postby pandavi » 24 Jan 2012, 02:12

Thank you for your reply!
1.I have received an IR Remote with the CS9100, not RF, it has a red window in front, the box does not communicate with it, I can send you a picture of it, but it is the same as in the website under CS9100
http://car-solutions.com/en/CS9100-Navigation-Box.php
2.Re. the SEL cable, is it used to connect and suply power to the CS9100 and Rear Cam? instead of connecting them to the main ignition (The rear cam to the grey power wire)? if not, WHAT IS IT FOR?

3.Item 9, REAR-C wire, what do you mean in "wire bowl of backward movement"? does it mean Rear View Cam?
In other words: is this the wire to power up the Cam? instead of reverse lamp? if yes, what is the REAR SEL for?

4.Finaly, the CS9100 Audio, should i connect the AL & AR audio wires from the RGB cable to the RCA inputs of the interface AV in (audio)? or should I use the 9100 included speaker instead? The speaker included in the 9100 is mono 1 speaker, however,the 9100 has stereo RCA outputs, does'nt the interface support it when 9100 is connected via RGB cable? There are no AR & AL wires in the RGB in cable of the interface? What about stereo play back from files in the 9100? what about the Navigation voice? WHERE DO I CONNECT THE AUDIO WIRES FROM THE 9100 in order to hear audio from it in my car speakers?

I am sorry, the interface's instructions / manual I have downloaded do not give answer to these Q. and as I have mentioned, there are no manual or instructions for the CS9100. I did not get any for both devices!
Thank you!
pandavi

Postby MrTinkertrain » 24 Jan 2012, 13:25

1. This question was already replied in the previous post. You can ensure in it by yourself - just connect CS9100 to any TV via RCA V OUT. After that try to control touch pad with the Remote control - cursor will be moving without IR receiver.
  2. Video interface - is universal device. It can acquire with the functionality and INPUT/OUTPUT/Control channels after each new revision. In each separate case installers doesn't use all existing wires and inputs, they use those ONLY that are required. In this case SEL wire is not required to be used.
  3. As it was already mentioned: connect REAR-C wire to the plafond cable of backward movement, so that 12V appears while switching it.
  4. By using CS9100 You can withdrawal sound in 2 different ways;
    • Via speaker that is included in the kit. In case if you want to use Navigation, only.
    • Via RCA AL & AR, by connecting them to the AUX input of your car. In case if your car doesn't have AUX input, you should purchase device that will allow you to connect sound to your audio system.

Also, please sign here whether you have already performed such operations or no? In other words have you ever installed automotive electronics?
If no, please contact experts in order to avoid some malfunction of the car or of the equipment.
MrTinkertrain
Administrator

Postby pandavi » 24 Jan 2012, 22:33

Thanks again.

1. I have already connected the 9100 to a monitor and power source, the rmote control does nothing! THIS IS an IR REMOTE CONTROL DEVICE - NOT RF! an rf remote does not have a red transparent window in the front, this one does, and as I said, I tried all remote buttons, nothig happens on the screen, the cursor does not even sow up, I have used a USB mouse to control the 9100 and it works, but not with the included RC. May be the persons who sent it to me made a mistake, this can happen, but CS would need to replace it for me.

2.Re.the Rear View Cam. Today my rear view cam is connected to the car reverse lamp, so when I shift gear to reverse it gets 12V and powers up.
My only Q. is and was, for rear view cam power -
Option A: Do I leave it as is, connected to the reverse lamp?
Option B: Connect the gray wire from the interface also, together with the power wire FROM the cam, to the same source of power - the car Reverse lamp,
Option C: Connect the power wire FROM THE CAM to the grey wire ONLY, so the cam gets it's power from this wire.

Power wire from the Cam means - The 12 power wire of the Cam itself.
Grey wire means - The grey wire from the interface power cable.
Reverse Lamp means - The car's white rear lamp which lights up when gear shifting to reverse.
What is "the plafond cable of backwards movement"?
3.To answer your question at the end of your reply, Yes, I have installed car Audio systems before, your system is not a standard Car Audio device like a branded car radio, there are many cables with many wires in it, the package does not include a manual nor instructions! normaly, with any car electronic Audio system there is a detailed manual and instructions, the manual I have downloaded from CS website does not describe the functionality of each cable / wire / connection and whith what to connect it in different cases, the only very clear ilustrated instructins are re. the CAN wires connections.
I would not like any one to damage the equipment nor my car! this is why I am asking these questions, to prevent it from happening regardless of who is doing the installation, myself or a workshop.
A clear and comprehensive user manual + instalation instructions + specs would have done the Job!, you need to invest in it, just like the documantation boxed with a laptop, a washing machine or a kenwood or Pioneer car A/V system!
How come there is NO PAPER or FILE together with the CS9100? Describing the menues, the screens, the options, the installation and the handling of the device, how and where to load a navigation program and have the shortcut start it? you get such instructions with a symple $50 GPS device. Not all users can find it out by themselves!
There are 12 connection sockets in the 9100 box, why should one make a guess what is each one and when to use it?
The use of the remote control, 16 buttons, how to use it? mine is an IR Remote c., how should I know the device is RF remote controlled?
Think about it.
Thank you!
pandavi

Postby pandavi » 25 Jan 2012, 00:11

Dear Administrator,
Just to clarify one item, Re. the remote control, I am only assumming it is IR because it does not function/communicate with the 9100, however, you should know better, it may be RF device, in that case there may be a driver missing or the frequency and code are not matching with the box, in either way, it is not functioning, so please give me a solution, it is either to have the remote checked by your technical dep. or replaced or fixed, it is brand new out of the box. If it is a driver or a registry key missing, please send me a driver or instructions to fix it in the software level.
I have ordered it from yur sales people and picked it up in HK myself.
Thank you.
pandavi

Postby MrTinkertrain » 25 Jan 2012, 13:42

1. More likely that the batteries were placed to the RC after Navigation Module was powered on.
    In such case synchronization between RC and Navigation Module suppose to be performed.
    What is synchronization operation and how to perform it:
    For the synchronization, connecting of the RC to the Navigation module, you need to press simultaneously buttons "Return" and "Home", hold them fr 1 second, then release them. Light indicators will blink continuously - on successful synchronization. If light indicators will go out - it'll mean that synchronization wasn't completed successfully, and need to be performed again.
    Below you can find list of reasons why synchronization couldn't be completed successfully or RC could get broken:
    • Weak batteries - batteries get changed, synchronization suppose to be performed.
    • RC batteries was extracted during functionality of Navigation module - synchronization operation suppose to be performed.
    • Batteries get inserted in the RC after Navigation Module was Turned On - synchronization operation suppose to be performed.
    • Cell phone was used near RC - synchronization operation suppose to be performed.
    • RC from another Navigation Module was used - synchronization operation suppose to be performed.
    • Kids or pets played with the RC - new RC suppose to bu purchased and synchronization operation suppose to be performed
    • Someone set down at the RC/ It was flood with water/other physical damages - new RC suppose to bu purchased and synchronization operation suppose to be performed
  2. Earlier you've asked what grey, REAR-C, cable is used for . As it was mentioned, this cable is used in case if your car has rear view cam installed or you want to install it via video interface. Accordingly this cable is used to inform video interface that gear shifting to reverse is used and interface has to be changed to rear view cam, standard one or additional (it depends on the activation of DIP #7). This cable has to be connected to to the reverse lamp, namely to the wire on which there is 12 volts.
MrTinkertrain
Administrator

Postby pandavi » 25 Jan 2012, 16:55

Thank you for your reply, now the RC is working OK.

You see that some manual needs to be given or downloadable with the product, it saves time and trouble.

Thanks again!
pandavi

Postby pandavi » 29 Jan 2012, 02:58

Hi,
When installing a USB Touch Screen Panel on the car screen, wgat are the settings in the System Configuration - which panel to choose from the list?
Thank you.
pandavi

Postby Germes » 29 Jan 2012, 10:49

Do not use the icon SYSCONFIG to customize configuration and protocol type. Just click on the icon USB Touch:
4 pts call - touch glass calibration by 4 points
25 pts call - touch glass calibration by 25 points

Do You read that manual?
Touch screen panel installation example
Learn to write insults on the sand and to engrave on the stone of joy.
Germes
CarSolutions Team

Car: eNOTE was broken :(

Postby pandavi » 29 Jan 2012, 22:31

Thank you,
I have changed already the sys configuration before I have posted my question, to "USB Touch"
Do I have to change it back? to which panel?
Thanks.
pandavi

Postby MrTinkertrain » 30 Jan 2012, 12:00

Answer to your question was already posted by Germes in the previous post.
Please check it.
MrTinkertrain
Administrator

Return to Video Interfaces for Mercedes-Benz