Guide control with CS9100 and Alpine IVA-W520R

Moderator: Germes

Guide control with CS9100 and Alpine IVA-W520R

Postby juergen » 13 Mar 2013, 01:26

Hallo.
I am using my CS9100 with my Alpine IVA-W520R.
I cannot get the guide control to work. I notice a volume change, whenever the box makes some audio output, but the Alpine never changed the source. Only when selecting the navigation box directly as an input source this works.
So is the guide control wire in the alpine cable not connected/wirking? Is there a guide control available at all for any of the connectors at the box?
juergen

Re: Guide control with CS9100 and Alpine IVA-W520R

Postby Chortenia » 13 Mar 2013, 14:04

Hello!
Could you please explain your issue more detailed and provide the video of the problem.
Best regards,
Car Solutions Team
Chortenia
CarSolutions Team

Car: Chery Kimo

Postby juergen » 14 Mar 2013, 15:28

Ok. The Radio does not switch to the guide voice when, for examlpe, i am using the tuner as audio source und the CS9100 (i use iGo8) makes a new direction.
My only explanation for this is, that there may be something with the guide control signal or wire. So if you can tel me, if the Alpine cable harness has the guide control wire connected or not.
I have read somewhere in the internet, that the two wires that came out of the back of the data cable conector at the box are for video and guide control, but i can not find any info, if the CS9100 support guide control and if it is connected to the pin1 labeled wire at the the back of the mini-DIN plug.

When i set my radio to 'navi mix', the audio source is switche to an lower audio volume when a guide direction came, but i can not hear it. After the command the volume is switched back.

When i select the S9100 as main source, audio playback is working perfectly.

I'll try to make a video from this butthis may take some time. Happily i can use the navigation demo mode of iGo8 so i do not need to drive for this, because usig a cellphone, no matter how you use it, when driving is illegal here...
juergen

Postby juergen » 15 Mar 2013, 18:21

Ok. I have the solution!
It was my fault!!!
Maybe i have too much different accessories for my radio.
The Alpine DSP i use (PXA-H100) has an extra input for guide voice and, no wonder, if you do not conect it, you won't get any directions except when using navi as direct source,which uses the audio signal provides throughh the RGB-cable (somewhat odd i think).

To the mod: feel free to delete this post as it was my personal fault and hasnothing to deal with any of your products.Maybe it is useful for someone in the future...
juergen

Postby Chortenia » 18 Mar 2013, 12:10

Hello!

We are very glad your problem has been solved.

We wont' delete this thread, maybe somebody has the same issue and your solution will help.

Best regards,
Car Solutions Team
Best regards,
Car Solutions Team
Chortenia
CarSolutions Team

Car: Chery Kimo

Return to CS9100 Navigation Box